We just wanted to briefly pinpoint some things that will help make your future veterinary appointments with us be as stress-free as possible for your pet AND you!
- Bring them Hungry! (unless diabetic or otherwise medically unadvised)
- MORNING APPOINTMENTS: skip breakfast and wait until you return from your appointment
- DAYTIME APPOINTMENTS: feed a reduced amount of their regular meal
- EVENING APPOINTMENTS: wait until you return home to feed dinner!. If your pet has dietary restrictions (ie: allergies), please bring approved treats with you or even some of your pets dry kibble to be used as treats while at their appointment.
- Carriers: place your pet’s carrier in your living area as far in advance of your appointment as possible. We recommend that the carrier always be left as a fixture of your home to eliminate their reacting negatively to it when it is presented on appointment day. Cats carriers should be covered with a towel or blanket during the drive and when bringing into the appointment.
- Leashes: NO Retractable Leashes! Please leave retractables at home! We will happily give you a leash to use during your visit if you do not have anything other than a retractable. If you arrive with one, please keep it LOCKED and ask for a leash from the front desk.
- Waiting: If you feel your pet will be better off NOT waiting in the waiting area, please call upon your arrival and we can move your pet directly to an exam room or you may wait in your vehicle until a nurse is ready for you.
Remember, we want this to be a pleasant experience for your pet AND you! The medical staff may decide to prioritize your pet’s care (ie: treat the ears but skip the nail trim) OR reschedule your appointment with a new treatment plan in order to keep their fear and anxiety level as low as possible. Visit the link for more information on Fear Free practices
We look forward to seeing you!