Full Service Diagnostic Laboratory
A pet that appears healthy can be hiding symptoms of disease, and a physical exam is often not enough. Harmony Animal Hospital is equipped with a complete, state-of-the art diagnostic laboratory, where results are often available in minutes.
Full-Service Lab Means Accuracy & Rapid Results
Heartworm testing, complete blood counts, blood chemistry panels, electrolytes, urinalysis, and fecal examinations are some of the many laboratory tests we perform at our hospital. Our sophisticated laboratory equipment means your pet’s test results are quickly available, allowing for immediate comprehensive treatment.
We process pre-anesthetic tests, which are often necessary before your pet undergoes surgery. We also perform important wellness tests to be sure there is no underlying illness and to set a baseline for future comparison when medical treatment becomes necessary. Our team works with several outside laboratories, should your pet require specialized testing.
Common Laboratory Tests for Pets
Many technologies that help humans live longer, healthier lives are available to your pet. By performing some basic blood tests, our veterinarians gather information that is important to the health and longevity of our patients. Such tests include the following:
- Complete blood count (CBC) — A CBC measures the number of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets in a sample of blood to diagnose conditions such as anemia, infections, and leukemia.
- Urinalysis (UA) — UA detects the presence of substances that do not normally appear in urine, including protein, sugar, white blood cells, or blood; this test is helpful in diagnosing urinary tract infections, diabetes, dehydration, kidney problems, and other conditions.
- Blood chemistry panel — The blood chemistry panel measures electrolytes, enzymes, and chemical elements of the blood such as calcium and phosphorous levels. These measurements are used to measure organ function, diagnose and treat illness, and monitor patient response to treatment.
- Heartworm test — We may recommend a blood test to confirm the presence of heartworms in your pet.
- Fecal examination — This test offers clues about many different kinds of diseases and confirms the presence of intestinal parasites such as roundworm, hookworm, whipworm, tapeworm, and Giardia.
“Your front desk staff is fabulous! They made me feel like Lola and I were the best duo in town. The service was very good and they completed it in record time.”
– Elyse Rose-Trupiano
“Great facility and feel very comfortable leaving Sam (our Bengal cat) there. Highly recommend to anyone who wants their loved pet in capable and pet friendly hands!”
– Michael & Ellen Rierson
“We’ve loved you guys for 12 years!”
– Bob Olson
“Dr. Rogers has terrific bedside manner, diagnosed the problem quickly and accurately, and addressed all of our concerns. Muffin sends her thanks to Dr. Rogers for her chicken puree recipe. Yum!”
– Jack Holcomb
“Your staff was very helpful and good with my cat I would for sure bring her back for boarding she was very good when I picked her up she was not stressed out all that is very important to me. Thanks to
all the staff that took care of her when u have people that care it makes me feel less stressed about leaving her...Thank u everyone.”
– Cherie Wade
“Everyone there took the time to calm and reassure both myself and my nervous dog. We cannot thank you enough for being warm, helpful, and concerned. We love you guys!!!!”
– Jeff Farwell
“I have been coming to Harmony Animal Hospital for years. Very, well satisfied. All of the Staff are helpful and very kind and polite.”
– Normal & Willard Johnson
“I have not have had a problem with any member of the staff. All our pets have been patients of harmony since 1996. Good job.”
– Fauvette Nudleman
“Excellent service! Clean facility! I will not trust any other vet with my pup;)”
– Rhenna & Emilo Pages
“We find everyone at Harmony to be extremely helpful. Nice, caring people!”
– Robin Monserrat
“I am very happy with the level of care my "fury" children receive at Harmony. It keeps me coming back. Thank you!”
– Kristen Wagner